*

*
*

Saturday, February 16, 2008

John L.

The pro's and con's of 'Relic' guitars... ahhhh yes... this heated little argument is as hot as any political conversation that ends with broken furniture and someone looking for a first-aid kit...the people that LIKE them might say 'What is the difference between a 'relic' guitar, and one I get at my pawn shop, that Krumpy 'no nose' Smith owned for 30 years? Heck... Eric Clapton got his 'Blackie' in pieces all covered in some unknown player's scratches and beer'. The people that hate 'relics' say... 'Dude.. stop being a poser. Bet you can't even play 4 chords... but you want to look cool without the licks... you-hopped-up-on-starbucks-wallstreet-trader-rockstar-wannabe'. Now, let's raise the ghost of John Lennon for a closing statement: .... (John speaking in Liverpudlian accent)...'Ya know man... it's whatever you want it to be...isn't it? In the end... whatever floats your boat... who am I to put down your shoes or what type of hat you want to wear? If you sound good... I'll jam with you... if not...cool...peace out...the world needs all types..I mean... if I wasn't a rock star... I might be a Wall street trader, or milkman... or whatever...in some other life.. but you can be sure I wouldn't be busting someone else's head about what makes them happy....". Thank you John....