*

*
*

Friday, February 29, 2008

Fish or Fowl?

So what are you... Fish or Fowl? Are you the type of person who treats their guitar just like a Hell's Angel treats their bike, or do you not care? So many musicians fly with their favorite axe... but does that mean they don't like their dog licking it? My old friend who loved Hendrix, and also looked just like him... purple bandana and all... used to leave his new Charvel guitar (which I am sure Jimi might have one of, if alive today)...in his music room... when he went to the gym... to train with me, this guitar sat alone, in it's stand. He was a desk sargent at the 125th Street Precinct in NYC... (I had no idea sargent was higher than detective.. but it is). ..she would spill lemon pledge all over his nice shiny guitar (which was also purple). He and the missus weren't getting along very well... so I am sure it was all planned. He was an old-school blues guy... but that didn't mean you can his guitar! He was like me... I worry about my guitar when she isn't next to me...the love and attention I lavish on my axe is enough to make any woman jealous... hence why I should probably give her a name... (not my wife... she has one... and I love her). Of course... best not to name your guitar after an old girlfriend... sort of defeats the purpose... two loves in your life... your wife or girlfriend... and your guitar...best keep it simple. Anyway.. I hear there are people who love to spill beer on their guitars... not many.... but I hear they are out there... heck... I even see old Fender's with burn marks on the headstocks... so that means those people DO exist. So which are you? Fish or Fowl?