*

*
*

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Nash Firecaster is Here


So how does a person explain a guitar that arrives, with a label that lists the following options: "Char-broiled Alder Body, Hibachi Maple Neck". Mr Nash has truly outdone himself with this one... she plays like pure Keith (Keef)... clean crisp tele punch, just like Keith uses on "Brown Sugar". Anyone could play this guitar for half their career, and need no other. I don't know if it's because of the fire... but this guitar fits right into your hands like something you found behind the beer crates from the old days, in some old Blues Bar. The neck is just right... not too clubby. The frets look to me like med. jumbo, but I am sure Bill Nash will correct me if they aren't. The body was done by nature (Bill's fire in '06), and the neck is pure perfection... by Bill himself. I'll be saying more as I try it through different amps/ effects...meanwhile... Bill's comment in an EMail to me is also worth quoting: 'Enjoy ...and remember, it can also be used as a fireplace poker...'.