*

*
*

Friday, February 8, 2008

Rock God

So I am eating at a little restaurant near Hollywood two weeks ago... the rains are crazy.. and for California it is really cold, at least 54 ... the girl... my girl... across from me... suddenly gets this subtle look... like the chef just came out of the kitchen holding his hands to his throat... making gestures for someone to read the Heimlich maneuver poster in the men's room and then come help him... but the room still sounds calm... so I don't turn around. I start talking about Nikki Sixx's new book (which is great...if you want the inside scoop on how it was to be a rock god in the late 80's)...she says... 'No... change the topic'... now I start to wonder... WHO or WHAT is going on behind me... so I turn around... and five feet away, looking right at me with his Gene Simmons look is...er.. Gene Simmons, in his suit. No matter what your life is... or what you do... you gotta know he does it right. Who wouldn't want to have been in KISS....?