*

*
*

Friday, February 15, 2008

More Mail...

Dear Mystic Seer...

I love the fact that you can see into the future... please tell me... will yahoo go any higher? Will Crystal, my current girlfriend say yes if I ask her to marry me.

Sincerely,

Sleepless in Sherman Oaks


Dear Sleepless,

I don't know...BUT... to use all those words the guys on the FNN use... let's look at past performance to see the future. Fender Strats were $150 in 1970. People (artists) were playing Les Pauls ... and Jerry Garcia was playing Gibson SG. NOBODY at that time thought Fender's from the 50's would ever be more than yard-sale left-overs. Fender's with worn frets, beer under the pickguards, and burn marks on the headstocks were not attractive...at least no more attractive to an artist than an old piece of furniture with bed-bugs. (Gibsons... with their non-bolt-on necks were considered a finer instrument at the time). Isn't this roughly how people currently feel about Charvel's and Jacksons? There are artists currently buying Jacksons with screaming hell-demons airbrushed on the front ... but they are a small, dedicated group of musicians, who like a certain niche. I still feel that early San Dimas Jackson's and Charvels will be the 'hot' guitar in the near future. You heard it here first folks...no pushing, fire exits to you left.

PS. Rob... Silvertones/ Harmony's will always rock..