*

*
*

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Joan


Ok... how do I start a comment on my blog today... why not 'I love Joan Jett'? I just found out she is working out at my gym. I have not seen her yet. She is punk hot. Also just got my Jason Smith Strat., also punk hot! Jason's attention to detail is beyond any other visual job I have ever seen at the custom shop. When they did the 'Blackie' runs, they were not even as detailed as this beauty. Oh... the finest thing they got right with the 'Blackies' was the specific shine to the paint, like a late 50's Black body strat would sometimes have. I actually saw the original (Blackie)... both at the auction, and at Hollywood Guitar Center. But Jason Smith has definitely found his niche...he goes above and beyond, with the Dakota Red, which he then puts antique white over the top of. Then he does an excellent relic job. The neck is pretty much bare wood on the back, and is shaped just right for me... sort of like a wide-thin PRS neck, just without the finish. The frets have about the best dress job I have seen... and er... so does Joan Jett.....(Got the guitar from Music Zoo... thanks for the photo guys.)