*

*
*

Monday, February 4, 2008

FIMC & Jackson


So FIMC owns Jackson Guitars (as of 2002). Since they took over, FIMC has strived to not only decrease the price of custom USA made Jackson guitars, but also improve the quality of other Jackson's. The new Jackson guitars are marketed as basically ...'these guitars may look outdated, but they are not..., Floyd Rose locking trem, and Seymour Duncan pickups'...... apart from the Strat bodies, I feel they are the same as they were when I bought my Soloist in 1987, with reverse headstock in Road-Cone Orange day-glo. Their second-coming is not here quite yet... so comments like "outdated" will persist... the same way at times Tele's and Gibson's have been in and out of fashion. I feel Jackson's will return... and since they are owned by FIMC, I can say it on the blog, and not get too muck flak. Check out the Bio-Skull Solist, and tell me it's not b*tchin'... (thanks to Guitar Asylum for the pic, and if it's still there, maybe go buy it...). Please see more recent post for further details about Jackson specifics.