*

*
*

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Holding a Dead Pickup

Remember that movie with Paul Newman and Robert Redford..."The Sting"... they ARE good guys, but they are also conning a conner. If I am selling a totally original PRS guitar, from 1986... based on the description of the guitar I got when I bought it on EBay.... is it a CON if I don't get it checked out myself before immediately selling it? If I got it for 50% off... am I in denial thinking that I am telling the truth, just because the last guy said it was totally original? It is OUR responsibility to check out all the equipment we sell, and because of that... when anything is wrong with something I sell (ie.. the last situation with a pickup that didn't come in 'strong')...am I dumb to stand by it and provide replacement pickups? With that guitar, the dealer I got it from basically told me I was too soft for not telling my buyer to 'get lost'.. and he offered me no help. Maybe that's why I consider myself more of a musician, than a dealer... at least not THAT type of dealer. I know many really great dealers... who are also musicians... who are straight up.. who wouldn't leave someone holding a dead pickup.