*

*
*

Monday, January 28, 2008

The Word?

Word today.... Listen to The Drive-by Truckers. Other than that... I have made up a person who has issues with me and my site..trying to remain impartial, honest and keep my dumb foot out of my mouth... so here goes....

"Dear Mr Custom Shop Guitars and MORE,
Since when did you become an expert on everything guitar? Your advice seems ok, but I want some stats... do you play in a band? If so, how long have you played in a band? Do you have any guitar repair skills, or do you just blow hot web air on your BLOG? Are you affiliated with Fender Guitars... and if so, why do you talk about so many OTHER guitars? I will be writing again... so gimme some answers.
Thanks,
Mr Morrison.

Dear Mr Morrison (this is my reply),
I have read, owned and studied guitars a long time. I am not perfect, and might sometimes screw up... but I hope it doesn't
happen often, since anyone who takes the few minutes each day to read this stuff sorta counts on decent information.
I have never played in a band, but have been a guy who loves his guitars, and is self-conscious to the point that I might be playing fairly good blues at home... but in front of people I get guitar-shy. I do blow hot web air, but try and keep it to a minimum.
I am not affiliated with Fender™ guitars, but believe they make about the best guitars in the world (other than some of the other
makers that crop up in my posts).... You might say at the moment that Fender is the Butch Cassidy of this guitar gang, and
we still have room for a Sundance Kid... News Carver, Flat-Nose Curry and Bob Meeks.... but none of them is named Gibson, though they make great guitars... I just don't own any.
Sincerely,

Pete