*

*
*

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Neck Shim ... Major Mod?

I have googled myself out the ying yang to find out if a neck shim is a major mod. Apparently it depends on how you feel about neck shims. Nothing I googled referred to neck shims as anything but a 'modification'. Ibanez actually ships their guitars with neck shims... to quote another site: "Ibanez shims most of their necks with a thin piece cardboard (about the thickness of a business card, 1/2 inch long, almost as wide as the fretboard) inserted on the body side of the neck joint..."... I know you will say "That's IBANEZ man..."... but FENDER also puts these in their new guitars sometimes.... but thought everyone should know. In any case... I always offer a full refund on all sales on EBay of guitars, and everyone else reading should too.. in case the buyer is not happy...and we all should be.