*

*
*

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tokyo

Somehow I picture that if I ever take a 13 hour flight to Japan, go through their customs, and then hop in a Tokyo cab... and then oggle all the foreign culture outside my cab window, all the bright lights, pachinko parlors and saki bars...and then arrive at the hotel... counting out the odd color money to the cabbie... who for some reason either speaks no english, or is too tired to ... go through the super bright lobby to the check-in desk, eventually to the elevator after checking in (they spoke English, and I couldn't find my guide)... electronic key-card in hand, with some ad for saki on it...that then opens my Tokyo hotelroom door (and in my dream, triggers an electronical girls voice, that says something to me in Japanese, like 'Welcome' or 'Sleep Well', wheel the suitcase inside the door, and turn on the plasma tv... this is what I will see...