*

*
*

Monday, January 14, 2008

Randy Rhoads

I finally admit it... I am a child of the 80's. For some reason I liked to think I was a child of the 70's...but considering I was still under the care of a babysitter, that wouldn't count... so I admit that the 80's are MY decade. So here it is...."To celebrate a quarter-century of fantastic instruments and innovation, the Jackson Custom Shop is very proud indeed to introduce a special 25-instrument limited-edition run of its King V guitar". Yes, Crack Guitars. I admit there is some evil side to me that likes those shark tooth inlays. The Seymour Duncan TB-4 bridge pickup screaming out metal hell-sounds. Floyd Rose™ bridges... with all those little adjustment knobs on them. Randy Rhoads died at the age of 25, in 1982, when the Beechcraft Bonanza he was in crashed into his tour bus. (They were trying to buzz the bus.. and the guy flying had done some coke... not the fizzy kind). But his guitars live on. Everyone remembers that Stevie Ray died in a helicopter, and Buddy Holly died in a Beechcraft Bonanza (stay away from Beechcraft Bonanza's). Rick Nelson died in a DC3 crash (not a Bonanza). But nobody remembers Randy... not really. So March 19th is Randy Rhaods day... if you read my blog, I will remind you...yeh... I'm putting it in my daily log now to remember... long live Randy.