*

*
*

Monday, January 21, 2008

Shoot...

Ok.. here goes... what's the point of living if I don't shoot my mouth off...to live is to say what you believe... then take a punch to the gut... lie there on the ground, taking it all back... or probably not. Quentin Tarantino's Deathtrap/ Planet Terror/ Grindhouse...well.. the site is amazing... and the music is also really cool... like 'Last Race', by Jack Nitzsche (try spelling that)... hot music, hot site... but how come I watched the first 30 minutes of the movie 'Deathproof' and just couldn't take the suspended sense of nothing occurring any longer. Tarantino is gifted, and has great taste in movie posters, music and getting everything tacky-cool... but I will never know what I missed, because I stopped watching, and put the DVD in my circular file (every time I hate a movie, a meaningful gesture is required.. ). Too bad, because maybe the 'Planet Terror' movie would have held my attention longer... no plot is required, just lots of authentic, tiki-style tack, well done... with some added action thrown in... and bad girls acting just the way they are cast. Happy Martin Luther King day...