*

*
*

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Selling your Stuff on EBay...

All musicians need to buy and sell 'stuff'. How does someone 'savvy' accomplish this? EBay. How do you list your guitar (coming from someone who has done it many times)?. First of all... avoid lying. Calling every guitar you sell "A Tone Monster" (as I have said before)... and using comments like "This Guitar would make Eddie Van Halen drool" are not encouraged... except in the very rare case it is true. If someone goes to your EBay profile, and discovers (as I have) that someone has sold 11 guitars in 3 months, and every one was a "Tone Monster".... I am going to start to think someone is either stretching the point, or lying. How something sounds is very personal too... I have thought a guitar sounded wonderful at first, and raved about it to my session friend, only to have him tilt his head and wait for me to play a little longer... after which, I sometimes change my opinion after trying all 3 tele selector switch positions, and all tone-selector combinations. At this point I might find that it is just an 'average, good playing guitar'. For the record... I have had one real dog (discussed recently)... by 'Brand X' (I don't want to hurt their business... but 'Brand X' IS NOT, repeat NOT any of the following: Nash, Monroe, Fender, Sadowsky, Linhof or GVCG...). I have had about 6 average, good players (that I would not run into a house to rescue), and 3 or 4 that were 'alive' (and I might run into a burning house to rescue... ok, I WOULD run into the burning house... at least try).