*

*
*

Sunday, January 20, 2008

POST #100 'COURT'ney

What drives people to wherever they are going? I think musician's are real... I mean, they are not going to chase a craze. Nobody is going to play a crummy guitar, if Courtney Love has one. So why don't we play Jazzmasters and Jaguars so much. I see them in girl bands, and in Freaky-Friday type movies, that need a guitar for the lead girl to play... they look ok, but they must not sound good enough for anyone to really make a mad run off a cliff for them. Most of my friends would rather grab a Harmony or a Danelectro or an ES 175...than ever get near a Jazzmaster... but if Jazzmasters sound so bad, how come they have been made for so long? They must sell. They must manage to get out the music shop door, and get played once or twice, before landing in a closet somewhere. Here's to Jazzmasters, Jaguars and my favorite ... the Jackson Soloist reverse headstock. (Wish I still had mine... and hope Joan Jett forgives me for the 'girl band' comments).