*

*
*

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sale Starts President's Day, 5AM...

"NAMM Passes-Sleep with my wife!!--" (Actual Craig's LIst posting, just found). I also found a thread as a man who last year went as a woman, just to use a pass. Has this got out of control? Lot's of people talk about how the last day, sellers offer their items at radically reduced prices, so they don't have to ship stuff home... is that the reason for the NAMM™ show hype this year? Is it EVH and his private performance last year? Another thread mentions kids running around the aisles, tripping over guitars...this doesn't sound like Xanadu guys. I remember being offered passes out the wazoo two years ago... I could have had as many as I wanted... people couldn't give them away. Music industry friends lamented having to spend three days doing tedious business deals... of how there are lots of stalls selling Kazoo's and stuff that a guitar player would never even look at. I am sure there is a tambourine stall, where you can have your dog's photo silk screened onto them. How about the guy with the new invention... the 'Guitar Keeper'... that keeps your guitar leaning on the wall without falling over... (that one's my joke.. there is not a 'Guitar Keeper' as far as I know of)... but you get my drift...it is a mad rush of lemmings to get to Anaheim....doors open at 5am folks, and the furniture sale runs all day. Don't forget the coupons..... (I still want to go).