*

*
*

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fatty...

I have been playing my 9/10 (tone-monster rating) John Cruz Tele for some time now... however my lazy playing style with this guitar required me to be careful not to hit the top two strings on some chords. So I just put away my John Cruz... put it away to Music Zoo for a Strat trade...(more about that later)...but I got out my old Tele with the 'belly cutout' on the back (like a 70's Deluxe or Linhof). Suddenly... wow... this thing ROCKS... I can do a Pete Townsend if I wanted, and I NEVER hit those top two strings on chords that require I don't...b*tchin'....and this Tele is an 11/10....no... this really is my TONE MONSTER... so a 'tummy cutout' actually suits a playing style... MINE... and I'm not chunky. Sounds stupid, but I had no ..... NO... 'f'-ing idea those cutouts did more than make more room for a growing baby... or one too many desserts. I also thought it was one of those cosmetic things.....so it's good to hear my new Strat will naturally come with one....If you're in LA... get ready for a lot more rain... if your guitar's are near a leak... MOVE 'EM! Have a great weekend....