*

*
*

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Elephants...



What's it worth?  What's in... what's out?  Is anyone buying ANY guitars in this so-called recession?  I am already getting subtle signs from stores that I deal with that the guitar retail business is cooling down........ and the next thing that will happen is blackguard tele's from the early 50's will be back to 20K again... so if you are a musician, and you have been waiting to sell... it may already be too late to bankroll that camper you've always wanted.  If you own a Relic Fender Strat, be ready to cut your price a bit to sell it on EBay... there are a lot of 'watchers' (lookie loo's) but hardly any buyers (from my own experience at the moment) now on EBay.  I have a guitar I want to sell... but I am going to take a new approach with the dealer I know.. "I will trade you my white elephant for one of your white elephants..." at least then we can all be happier.  There are no white elephants really... just some guitars with a very narrow market.