*

*
*

Friday, March 14, 2008

David Lee Roth

Someone asked me if I was a good guitarist....my response...I stood there and said nothing....looking for words...then my girl piped up....for me...'Yeah...he's really good....'. I looked at her in surprise. Apparently, George Harrison never considered himself a good guitarist. Does that mean that in order to stay open to learning new things, we can't ever get caught up in ourselves...or ever think we are 'fantastic'... or 'amazing'? Maybe we can keep it all to ourselves, and just keep our ego's at bay...not become one of my favorite ego's.... Mr David Lee Roth. Don't get me wrong, I am not George Harrison, but I guess my timing's got better. Playing is sort of like writing...if you suddenly notice you're rolling along, and people are enjoying it...you have to fight not to make yourself a cake just to celebrate. But remember... while your blowing out the candles... all the music has stopped.