*

*
*

Monday, March 10, 2008

Rusty

So why do all the little rusty screws on my pickup cover keep getting moisture on them and rusting more? Is this as bad a Gibson tuners that suddenly fall apart from age?...I really don't care...but in a humid 'Island' environment, it makes me think... if I had to play gigs down at the 'Conch Shell Bar and Grill' every night, right by the water, how much work would I have to do on my guitar every week to keep it playing? Does plastic suddenly look good? Not only that... but every time I have seen one of those 'self-tuning' Les Pauls... I have cracked up laughing...Who the heck wants a guitar like that? Well... maybe ME... if you live on an island, your guitar GOES OUT OF TUNE every few hours...whereas, in LA, it always stays in pretty good tune for days (I mean slightly sharp or flat)... here by the seaside, it goes WAY out of tune ... anyway... just thinking out loud...and watching my guitar gently weep...