*

*
*

Monday, March 17, 2008

Pickups...and More Pickups...


So I am putting together a pickup collection... I purchased a John Birch humbucker... pictured... (after Oliver Leiber told me that they are the reason that the old Zemaitis guitars sound so good) ...I bought it from John Birch...in England, on EBay. I have Lindy Fralin's doing me a rewind on some old Jonathan Wilson pickups (out of a GVCG)..Lindy's shop consists of himself, his wife, and a couple employees working in his shop.. I also have another new set of tele pickups, with staggered alnico poles... coming stright from Jonathan Wilson (of GVCG fame, of course). Most of these little gems are en-route as we speak (apart from the John Birch II). I want to note that Lindy Fralin takes a while to do a rewind , but it is well worth the time... they are meant to be great. So what I have for everyone today is a lot of 'hurry up and wait'.... let's talk tomorrow... maybe a pickup will come in the mail.... or something....