*

*
*

Thursday, March 20, 2008

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...


It IS going to happen to you once.. minimum.  It has (I am sure) happened to Keith, Mick, Ronnie, Jeff, Joe, John, George...hey... all of us.  I am currently selling an old guitar, that I thought was totally original.  A fairly big dealer on the East coast sold it to me.  What was the warning sign?... try a price tag that allowed for me to (supposedly) make an 'instant' profit of 15%, if I had turned around, and sold the guitar (assuming it has been totally original).  It wasn't.  Someone had modified it... then it had been put back... sure... original 50's pots and capacitors had been returned to the guitar, but there were still holes here and there (think also about where hidden holes on a guitar can hide... under the tuning machines on a Fender (ie. if someone at one time had a non-original tuners on it)...or under the pickguard (if someone drilled extra holes... for either another pickguard... or some dumb switch... sorry)... anyway... please only deal with people you can totally trust... the con men are out there my friend....warning signs are prices that seem TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.