*

*
*

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

HEAD TURNER...

As everyone knows... I bought a 'Relic' Charvel.  When I got it, the paint still smelled new... heck, it was barely dry (even though they say Nitro dries fast).  I mean... this stuff was still moist... like latex (cool...).  Anyway... once the paint had a chance to 'suck down' and dry... WHILE I played it... in various environments, countries, and states...and ALSO humidities... the guitar got more and more rich and tonal... more resonant (acoustically).  Is that why instruments that 'go on tour' can sometimes be the ones that sound so good?  I mean ... look at Jeff Beck's original 50's Esquire... the one that nearly fell off his of his van one day while on tour... I feel these guitars need to be played... and do some traveling.. and also have a chance to dry properly in various environments... to finally yield a really nice-playing guitar... a real 'head turner'.