*

*
*

Thursday, September 13, 2007

John Cruz Tele...

I just got my John Cruz tele. This one is number 67*, last one I had was number 524... he got better. Now I actually am getting scared... Mr Cruz could (if he wanted to) sell this guitar in a Vintage Center as a real 1950's Tele... he would have to dry the finish a bit, and give it some final touches like a myriad of tiny scuff marks (which would damage the finish if he had already done it, but also let us know he CAN ACTUALLY RECREATE a 1950's tele). Also would need a $300 authentic serial-numbered neck plate. Tons of little cracks in the paint are super accurate, and I can finally say REAL looking. The weight is exceptionally light, and the guitar is the most resonant Tele I have held in years. The neck would actually fool me TOTALLY that I was playing one of my 1950's Tele's, if I didn't see the guitar. Nice clubby and very ACCURATE neck. Nice heavy volume knob, just like the 50's ones (it fell off, but that was a simple screw tightening situation). When you think of it, how does a person make a guitar that not only LOOKS like a 1950's Tele, but PLAYS like one and FEELS like one. It is getting to the point where one would have to look inside to find out if it is really Vintage... and no, I know. I have had these things for real, and held them, smelled them (yes, sorry, I actually read that this is one way experts check these things to see if they are real). Oh, and Abby (Ybarra) did the bridge pickup... Sweet!