*

*
*

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Bla, Bla, Bla...

I got a Les Paul '53 Goldtop first... since all my friends a few years
ago swore by them.
After that, I traded the '53 goldtop for a '57 Strat... this was all
before they skyrocketed...I loved the bar on it. I thought at the
time that Tele's looked like
chunks of wood (like many others)... like a paddle for a
boat...slowly, I started to wonder why I saw so many of the country
and blues people playing them (to say nothing of Springsteen or Keith
Richards). Next trade was for a '52 Tele. Had that for a while, then
traded the Tele for s '58 Blond Strat. Swore I was done with Tele's,
since no bar...to make a long guitar story short... after falling in
and out of love with the Tele, I am back in the Tele/ Esquire Club
again for puts.
I love Steve Vai, Satriani...used to know a guy called Ralph Perucci,
friend of PRS... he is now with the band Alien Cowboys (google
them)... a sight for sore ears, if you miss guitar solo's and bands
where there are guitars playing on the tracks...think Springsteen's
new single may be about that (Radio Nowhere)...of course love the
Stones, 60's groups like Country Joe and the Fish... and of course,
my namesake (lead in the band Moby Grape) Peter Lewis. Also love the
Monkees...so go ahead...shoot me.