*

*
*

Friday, September 14, 2007

How Loose Do You Get Before You Travel?

Do you loosen all the strings before sending a guitar to someone? Do you make them so loose they hang like string off the guitar neck? Why? I see the guitar as a perfectly balanced instrument when the strings are properly tuned... the truss rod equally opposing the strings and making a balanced STRONG unit. Lets look at this another way... some people say to loosen
all the strings a bit before storing a guitar beyond six months. Maybe tell that to the man who put his guitar under his bed in 1959, and went back to get it in 1976... with absolutely nothing wrong with it. Most people do not put their guitar back into it's case expecting it to not come out again for a long time, so they keep the strings in tune when they put it away... and I don't see thousands of ruined guitars. What I do hope for though is to get a guitar from my dealer and not have to tune it before I can play it...my advise, play your guitars, treat them as right as you can, then put them away... also... ship 'em in tune....