*

*
*

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Heaping-Helping Serving of Crow?

Well...let's hope I am not eating Crow. Kelly Guitars are played by Lou Reed. But... aha... the ones that are supposedly good, do cost $1300 (for their 'Esquire-Style' guitars)... so my comment about under-$1000-Cabo-Guitars might be ok. I am also investigating TV-Jones pickups... when I can get a chance to 'snag' a Kelly Guitar I will... and maybe I will drop a TV-Jones pickup into it. Kelly did a nice job with their headstock logo for my mind... so maybe that means they will also sound great. On a note here... Harmony Reviews and on-line searches lead most people to comment that Kelly Guitars beat-out the average 'Relic' guitar by Fender... this may be true. I went to Guitar Center the other day, and played some of their $1900 Fender Relic Guitars. They are nice if you have never had better, but I don't think most of them would cut it on stage. Kurt Linhof mentioned to me that some older 50's guitars needed time to age well... and many improved over time..., but some also stayed just as dead... well... some of those 'Relic' guitars are dead wood for my mind... let's hope they come to life one day....Guitars I favor that I know are alive: Fender Masterbuilt Guitars from Fender, Kurt Linhof Specials, and Nash 60's 'T' Series guitars... if you have any amount of money between $1500 and $9000, there is something out there for you. (And if not, trade a few of the Harmony Guitars you don't feel you need right now?)