*

*
*

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Build Your Very Own Guitar!!!

Recent google info has suggested to me that there is a new sphere of 'homebuild your guitar' info being posted... apparently, one of the 'Best parts' of 'building your own Stratocaster' is 'you can make it your very own'. Here are other things I have done: 1. I replaced my own car brakes, after being quoted a lot of money. They actually worked. 2. I went to the museum and decided I could paint like Basquiat... result...my 'hazardous items bin' became full of 'paintings'. 3. I decided to 'customize' my own leather jacket... result... I think I saw it on a homeless man last week. All joking aside, I want to save everyone lots of wasted money, parts and also time. Also the severe disappointment that follows failure. Eddie Van Halen is the ONLY person I know who put together his own guitar, and pulled it off. Ok, maybe Bruce Springsteen too... but I don't know the full story, and whether he might have had his 'tech' do it for him. People who spray guitars at the Factory have had not only training, but also years of practice... one hour in our garage is unlikely to yield happy results, except more wood for the fire later... sorry... I know this is tough news... the idea sounded so good. I will finish with the story of a 'friend' who tiled the floor of his own kitchen... he got all the right materials, tiles, little 'plastic bits' for spacers... he measured twice and cut once, then called my brother the contractor over to gloat. My brother simply took a metal ball bearing out of his pocket, placed it on the tile floor, and let it roll to one corner....sorry guys...