*

*
*

Monday, September 28, 2009

Nothing But Looks

I was driving today and came around a corner only to be greeted by none other than John Cameron Fogerty jogging in the other direction on my side of the street. I would never had known this if I had not seen a photo of him jogging in some magazine the other day, while I waited to get my hair cut. He actually had on the identical outfit he did in the photo... for descriptive purposes...a bandana, t-shirt, and shorts. He played guitar in one of the bands I remember from my childhood...heck, he helped make my childhood. Creedence Clearwater Revival (1967-1972) had hits such as Susie Q, Proud Mary, Have You Ever Seen Rain, Fortunate Son, Bad Moon Rising... ok... too many to mention. Mr Fogerty wrote all the songs for the band. His first guitar was a Silvertone and a 5 watt amplifier which he (of course) got at Sears using money from his paper route. After that, while with the Golliwogs, he played a Fender Mustang.... then a Rick '325 with Bigsby. His time with Creedence was spent playing a Gibson ES-175, then afterwards two Les Pauls. His amp during this period was a Fender Vibrolux silver, a Fender Concert, and a Kustom (which was the main amp for performances). I'll end here, and say that the quilted sparkle padding on those Kustom amps make them amongst my favorite amps... even if some say it's nothing but looks.