*

*
*

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Urban Legends?

This thread is from four years ago... but I had not heard it.
There is a story online about one Buddy Chambers and his wife Clara (a country music act), who were flying from Fullerton California to Reno Nevada in 1951... and you can guess what they were carrying... yes... Two Brand New Blackguard Tele's in their small airplane that went down in bad weather. Apparently, they crashed in a remote area and after all these years logging crews found the airplane upside down. After the remains of Clara and Buddy were verified, two tattered boxes, with two equally tattered tweed cases were found lodged in the back area of the plane... with the new guitars inside intact. The story supposedly originated from PPI news service, which may or may not be based out of Pakistan... hold it... is that something pulling on my leg? (I love this story, and indeed hope the part about the new guitars is true... I am now off to leave my Xmas note for Santa in my chimney).