*

*
*

Monday, October 5, 2009

Necks Again

The ex-Rich Robinson 1955 Esquire I have has the perfect neck for me. It is amazing how when you find
the correct neck dimensions that fit your own hand how a guitar really 'connects' to your body.

I have never had a guitar do this for me, and always thought it was more a matter of whim, rather than any specific
'magic'...

I just read about David Gilmour (of Pink Floyd) and how
he picked up his old Black Strat again after many years... and how his playing suddenly went to a 'new level'. Recall,
it was Mr Gilmour who originally put this guitar away, for another one.

This connection with a guitar seems to have less to do with specific guitar mojo, and more to do with how
that guitar 'fits' an individual person.

That said, I now am in touch with FIMC (Fender) to copy that neck for me. I have no idea what neck radius this neck is, what year it might really be representative of or
similar too, I just know I like it.