*

*
*

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sparkle Dunebuggy

Before I get to my new variac I just ordered (rebuilt, from Van Nuys CA)... How about legal powers? I just saw a pricey Pre Lawsuit Scott Lentz S-type guitar on ebay... it is listed as 'resonant, spanks and sings'... and has pre-lawsuit mojo...I know GVCG's are surrounded in the same mystique... the mystique of something elusive, now illegal, and possibly possessing above-average powers (because of the first two items). Every GVCG made was technically 'pre-lawsuit', so has these powers. So do some PRS guitars we all see listed on EBay (as pre-lawsuit), also the Lentz guitars just mentioned, and also an extremely short run of Keith Richards Telecasters that were possibly made by Fender a few years ago. I saw one of the Keith Tele's (with humbucker of course), and (yes)... it was listed as resonant, spanking, and singing. Is it the mystique, or is it just our imagination, that these guitars supposedly are better than others? And let's not forget the most famous Pre-Lawsuit guitar ever... the Fender Broadcaster. Maybe it's like the guy I knew with a sparkle dunebuggy in high school... there were guys with other (more sexpensive) cars, but it was always the guy in the sparkle dunebuggy that had three or four hot blondes riding with him.