*

*
*

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Resolutions...

Let's all make new year's resolutions to put old terminology away... and make up some new ones.
How about the much-overused term "Tone Monster"... as in "...This 1958 Strat is a tone monster".
I just got back from my luthier down the hill... he really thought my guitar sounded good... so he
told me..."This guitar sounds great".Next on my list.... "Gotta thin the herd", as in "I am selling this
guitar on Ebay, even though it is a tone monster, but I gotta thin the herd a bit". We all know that
this term is overused, so let's just say the truth.... either "I spent too much on guitars, and this
guitar sounds great, butit won't look good after my wife/ girlfriend hits me with it"... or ... "I want
to sell this guitarbecause I need to get rid of one I don't want anymore". Ok... guess maybe that might
hurt sales,
but let's try one more... just for fun....the term "The Real Deal", as in "This is the REAL DEAL, vintage
1955 Tele with amp, from original owner, it is a tone monster and I need to thin the herd". Let's try this
instead: "Vintage 1955 Tele with amp, from original owner, sounds great, need to sell".
Just to be fair, I personally will try to stop using dots (...,...), using 'Er...", and "ok..." in my posts
next year. (and remember, like the guy at the Laugh Factory told me last night... this is all in fun...)...
Happy New Year and Happy Holidays... all of 'em.