*

*
*

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Love Child


I am still playing the Steeltop I just got from Mr James Trussart yesterday.  The steel-meets-wood tone of this guitar is reminiscent for me of the sound of 'The Black Keys'.  It's also very Black Crowes  in it's tone.  I cannot say enough... I have never really owned a metal-wood electric guitar, but I am SOLD on them now forever...  this guitar is sort of like if a Dobro had an illicit affair with a Les Paul... this would be the love child.  The finish on the ebony fretboard reminds me of the hand-detailing of  an original Zemaitis.  The workmanship is wonderful... you will NOT find any bad 'edges' on this guitar. It is totally small-batch, hand made... and I haven't even got to all the wonderful variations you can get out of the knobs and 3-way toggle switch... wow again.