*

*
*

Monday, April 7, 2008

James Trussart Workshop



I was lucky enough to visit the James Trussart guitar workshop, in Silverlake California today. After walking up some steps inside a private compound, I was greeted by Robert, (after pushing an antiquated metal doorbell).  The house is a California Craftsman... and inside you feel like you are in a movie.  Mr Trussart has a wonderful view of downtown LA on one side, and the Hollywood sign on the other.   I met Mr Trussart, and also William (on the left) and Robert... also another really nice guy, but I didn't get his name... who was also working away on guitar parts.  I picked up my new Steeltop guitar today (see photo).  I think most people are familiar with James' Steelcaster guitars, but just recently, he has added many new models...including this one,  and people like Rich Robinson and Billy Gibbons are already on the boat. The one I picked up today is a Paisley 'Steeltop', with one of James' custom humbuckers, (with it's own  serial number and all...).. not to get too excited, but I also saw another one while I was there....a Steelcaster, also in Paisley.. the first one he has done, and I had to stick my name on it.   Mr Trussart told me that he was inspired to do the paisley guitars while he looked into a store window, at some Paisley fabric...which reminded him of his childhood and his mother.  What a great idea... I'll also be playing this guitar, and reporting back on how it sounds... preliminary acoustic test;  ... very, very resonant, and full sounding..very balanced... so I am sure when I plug her in, it will only get better. Wow! (Go to James Trussart here).