*

*
*

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Checkered Flag Out.. Wreckage on the Track...

Got my Monroe™ 'T' Guitar today. I designed/ drew up the checker pattern, with Rick Nielsen in mind. They duplicated my drawing EXACTLY. I sent them some GVCG pickups, bought from Jonathan at GVCG. Turn-around time was less than one month... let's call it three weeks. They come with a warranty too. I asked them to make it look like it has 40 years of fooling-around on it... and they did... in fact, I think it survived an explosion intact. It looks AMAZING. Plugged it in... already have a favourite position... neck pickup, with the tone totally CCW. Every position sounds great. I love the fact that concessions to modern times (as if an old guitar had been lovingly updated over 40 years) have been made... mini-schaller-type tuners, graphite nut (well... it's black anyway...looks like graphite... ). Neck is amazing thin, low-action, .11's, and vintage-type frets (why do I say 'type'... because there are MANY different width and height frets... more on that later). Also has a GOTOH bridge (a-la Keith Richards' Tele). It also comes with a pin-up girl on the back. This guitar matches GVCG guitars, or the best NASH puts out for tone. Twangy, vintage sound...that sound so hard to capture... so here it is... Looks: A+, Feel: A+, Fit: A+. Oh... and they 'brand' their name in their headstocks... this guitar also weighs enough that intruders should be wary at night.... 8.6 pounds....overall, one amazing situation.