*

*
*

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bowie, Rush and Lyrics/ Peter


 I just spent 20 minutes trying to find out what the white guitar David Bowie plays in some of his concerts is... whenever I go to a Bowie concert, it is really hard to read the name on the headstock.  I know there are people out there right now, who are saying 'Hey man... what's wrong with you... everyone knows that's a _______'.  I might have known once what the guitar was, but then quickly became distracted with another guitar, promptly forgetting the name again.  It's sort of like when you have been singing a song in your head, with all your own lyrics... like Geddy Lee's song with Rush... the one where he sings... 'Limelight... traffic light.....'... actually, the song is 'Fly By Night' , and the actual line is.. 'Moon Rise... thoughtful eyes...' ... I am sure listening to it on a state-of-the-art '68 Country Squire Station wagon radio didn't help... now off to continue my quest to find the maker of the Bowie guitar... promise not to buy it.... Rush rocks... glad they decided to have a few more 'goodbye tours'....