*

*
*

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Whats Up?

Currently 'tracking down' on the trail of the elusive 'GVCG' Guitar (Greenwich Village Custom Guitars). Jonathan Wilson was making his guitars about 3 years ago, at least, he was still HOPING to be making them. I had a deposit down on one, and then cancelled it, when it didn't look like he was going to be able to do it soon... and instead I bought some of his custom wound pickups, done for him by Lollar. Jonathan was fantastic, and sent my money right back (speedy)... trouble is, he is indeed toted as being one of the best Fender Replica makers that ever lived...but he NO LONGER makes guitars. My friend's guitar player told me three years ago that I had to get one of these guitars... Jonathan (GVCG) is some legend... some well known musicians even have them in their collections, but refuse to part with them. They cost more that they ever did new, and when I get the one I am hopefully going to get, I will keep everyone posted on how she sounds. In addition, a new 'Mystery' maker is making me a wonderful guitar, with black and white 'racing' checkers on it... similar to what I remember with the band Cheap Trick. He is actually putting the GVCG pickups I bought from Jonathan into this guitar, AND making a DVD of the guitar's construction (WOW!). He is the first one I know of to do this (build someone a guitar and send the new owner a DVD of the guitar being built). He also has made guitars for the likes of Brian Austin (go and google for more on Brian). So, not to keep everyone on the edge of their seats in suspense... wait for more! ...because there is a lot coming up you might want to hear.....