*

*
*

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bunny's...

Went to the 'Mansion' last night...courtesy of my good friend Justin, and Hef... Hef's Halloween Party.... the only thing wrong? No guitars....otherwise...perfect. So I have yet to plug in my GVCG (Greenwich Village Custom Guitar)... I have a good excuse. Tonally the GVCG sounds like a true early 60's Tele... sort of like old wood... more on that later. Want to talk briefly about John Suhr, of Suhr guitars... don't own any yet, but my friend Mick told me someone else he knows highly reccommends them... since I like what I like (see all previous posts) would be up my alley. Maybe will get one soon. John Suhr (on his site) says he (as of the 2007 Anaheim NAMM show) is offering an 'Antique Classic' T Guitar... they sport a thin laquer finish by J. Black (just like the Linhof I have). The finish is very, very, very thin indeed... much thinner than it looks... in fact, it is so thin on the neck of mine that it has already worn off down to the wood on the back of the neck... amazing! But the guitar sounds and plays great... Seems, as they say, that 'Old is New'. It's not just the look, but the feel is different... anyway... more later, meanwhile, go to suhrguitars.com to catch more on John Suhr. Bunny's rule...