*

*
*

Monday, October 15, 2007

Fever....

Keith Richards has over 1000 Guitars...Mick Jagger is seen in his most recent Video, available with his album (of collected works) walking down a corridor lined with some of his guitars in a big rack... another on-line purchaser who bought from me on EBay admitted he had 88. Yet another person I know told me that once he hit a certain threshold, he decided to 'go into the business', hence allowing for an escape-clause as far as his wife finding yet another recognizable guitar-shaped box by the front door. It's actually so widespread like crack cocaine, that men's addiction to guitars is mentioned everywhere now... an advertiser I just saw in Vintage Guitar Magazine offered the idea that his store is better than his competitors, because he will help you get the next guitar past your wife... he will not discuss anything using the word 'Guitar', if she picks up your phone, and he will coordinate shipping to get it to you on the day she is out of town. We are embarassed (just a little) at the number of guitar cases leaning on our walls... or, hidden in the closet, or under the bed...we promise ourselves no more... then go back to our dealers again. I don't really see this happening with motorcycles, cars (unless you are Jay Leno), skateboards, or other things... except watches. I don't go there... don't understand it... maybe Keith has 1000 watches... but I doubt it....but I guess it's all the same!